Birthday Party Ideas
We are huge Survivor fans! So what better way to celebrate our son’s 6th birthday party with a Survivor theme! Of course, this was my husband’s idea, and our child ran with it!!!
Sweet Puerto Rican Treat
Nothing screams more to me “Puerto Rico” than taking a bite of this creamy and oh so delicious guava cheesecake! Savoring a bite of guava cheesecake reminds me of my days working in a restaurant that sold the famous “cheesecakes de guayaba.” Such fond memories!
I have sat on this post for many days, writing, re-writing and looking for a perfect title. I’ll be honest, I was at a loss for words. How do we have this conversation with our sweet 9 year old?
Looking for something?
Travel with Kids
Last month I wrote about the Gullah people of South Carolina and while researching I learned that an actual antebellum era plantation is located in Mount Pleasant, Charleston County, South Carolina, U.S.A..
This is a great activity to do with kids anytime during the year. I’m always looking to focus more on Spanish activities with my son. An on-line search for an “All About Me” Spanish printable proved to be unsuccessful!
If you’ve been following me for a while you’ve probably read my series Discovering our Taíno Ancestry. It is a four part installment series that you can find here: El Cemí y Dujo:
- Puerto Rico: Proyecto 78 pueblos 1 bandera
- New Dual Language Book: Malty the Blue Tiger / Marita la tigresita azul
- Teaching Your Kids about Diversity
- Mother’s Day Playlist: 10 Latin Songs for Mamá
- Public Speaking Resources and Tips for Kids
- A Journey to The Land of Yangalele African Inspired Music
- Kids Cooking Party
- Five-Must Read Chapter Books for Tweens by Latino Authors
- Aloe Vera Brownie Balls
- Introducing Biracial Bookworms Academy