When my child was born 8 years ago, I had a goal in mind: to find as many children’s book about Puerto Rico so I can share with him. Little by little, I started building up my child’s home library.
Hispanic Heritage Month is the perfect time for us as a familia to share our Hispanic heritage with little one’s friends at school, and with our community.Although Latinos are the second largest, and fastest growing minority group in the United States in our small Southern community we don’t have a large Latino presence. This is our opportunity to educate others on the beauty and richness of our heritage so they too can embrace diversity.
Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated every year throughout the country from September 15 through October 15 to recognize the contributions of Hispanics and the important presence of Hispanic and Latino Americans in the United States and to celebrate their heritage and culture.An affiliate link is used in this post. If you purchase through this link I will receive a small monetary compensation Thank you for your support!
Looking for something?
El amor a la lectura comienza en el hogar. Tengo bonitos recuerdos de mi Mamá cuando se sentaba a leer sus novelas románticas en las tardes. Mami siempre tenía un libro en las manos y yo quería ser como ella.
My 8 yr. old loves watching The Food Network Channel. His favorite show is Cake Wars.
With summer in full swing I’m looking to focus more on Spanish activities with little one. An on-line search for an “All About Me” Spanish printable proved to be unsuccessful! So I set out to create a free printable for my readers!
- Celebrating Peru’s Independence Day
- Montessori Inspired Language Learning Resource for Toddlers
- Frida Kahlo: Spanish Videos and Resources for Kids
- Total Solar Eclipse Activities for Kids
- Spanish Language Summer Camp Program
- Watermelon Mint Lemon Paleta
- Arroz con Pollo and Apple Pie: Raising Bicultural Children
- How the Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul Movie Makes Spanish Cool
- New Orleans Road Trip with Kids
- Kindness Day is Every Day