Christmas Traditions: 6 Ways to Celebrate Three Kings Day in Puerto Rico
1) On the eve of Three Kings Day make sure to cut some grass for the king’s camels
2) Visit La Lomita de los Vientos La Lomita is actually a hill right across the Capitol building overlooking the ocean. It has been set-up as a replica of Bethlehem, where you will see a live re-creation that leads up to the night Jesus was born, and the visit of the Magi. Our son received a traditional box to use for the camel’s grass, and a booklet of Puerto Rican Christmas carols.
3) Visit La Casa Museo de Reyes in Juana Diaz.
4) Santa pictures? Forget that! Have pictures taken with Los Reyes. We found them at Plaza Las Americas (a mall).
5) Visit La Fortaleza where the governor and his family will have a traditional Fiesta de Reyes. It’s an all-day event with a tour around el Palacio Santa Catalina, a Christmas concert, and toys are handed out to the children.
6) Participate in a Día de Reyes festival and parade. The one is Juana Diaz is actually the most popular one with a caravan that drives past various towns, and cities.
Most importantly, enjoy this day with family and loved and always remember the true spirit of Christmas.
El 6 de enero de 1884, el pueblo de Juana Díaz celebró su primera Fiesta de Reyes. ¡Así nació una tradición! This is the only museum of it's kind in the world dedicated solely to the tradition of the Three Wise Men/Three Kings. #mkbkids #juanadiaz #puertorico #navidad #christmas #threekingsday #epiphany